Articles have appeared in: The National Post, The Financial Post, Global News, The Edmonton Journal, The Ottawa Citizen, The Vancouver Sun, The Montreal Gazette, The StarPhoenix, The Providence Journal, The Leader Post, The Calgary Herald, The Windsor Star and The Wheaton Wire. And on Canada.com, Dose.ca and the Nanaimo Daily News.
Experienced in reporting on: Homicides, high profile murder trials (covered the Elaine Campione case for the National Post), abductions and court hearings, sex crimes, pedophilia cases, fatal vehicle collisions and other crime related breaking news.
- Also, experienced in covering royal topics: British Monarchy expert in etiquette, tradition, history, etc. Royal claim to fame: Wrote article causing Canada Post to create Will and Kate wedding stamp for Canada.
- Freelance Reporter for the Providence Journal
- Media Advisor for Food and Truth and Fit2Cook4Kids: Food and Truth is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with the mission to inform, educate, motivate and organize around food ingredient issues. Fit2cook4kids is a model program tackling the epidemic of childhood obesity and related diseases through a educating children about the food they eat and exercise. In addition the camp helps to foster communication skills.
- Royal Wedding correspondent for Broadminded on XM Radio.
- Worked as writer and reporter for The National Post in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Reported Breaking news and acted as newsroom British monarchy expert.
- Worked as Features Staff Writer at The Providence Journal
- Worked as a Writing and Production Intern at ESPN Radio Boston; produced the introduction to the Boston Sports show many times ; updated the Boston Bunker Blog; updated traffic; wrote, voiced and edited commercials for clients; commercials aired daily on the radio.
- Former Features Editor of The Wheaton Wire
- Founder of the Wheaton Times
- In short: I love the news and I love writing in all capacities. I pride myself on my ability to be ethical and objective in all that I report. I hope to continue to develop my career in journalism, both through newspapers and through digital and broadcast media forms.
- Education— Current: Journalism M.S. Candidate at Northwestern University (Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications). Past: B.A. from Wheaton College, Ma ( English with an emphasis in narrative and Russian literature). And, studied English at the University of Oxford in England with emphasis on creative writing and the modern novel.
Elspeth is always happy to answer questions, hear different perspectives on stories, receive news tips and connect with others in the media profession both domestically and internationally.
Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or Follow on Twitter @ElspethLodge