Royal marriages, even when entered into by two people in love, are still very much business transactions.
When Kate said “I do” in front of the world, she knowingly agreed to produce an heir and a spare for the welfare if the firm.
Unfortunately, this means a depressing amount of pressure is being put on her to become/be pregnant.
Will and Kate might be a modern couple, keen on making their own decision about when to start a family, but in the royal family’s eyes, baby time is now.
Surprisingly, a great amount of pressure is also coming from the American tabloids; every other week Kate’s pregnancy is announced.
“We never confirm or deny these rumours. This is about the millionth pregnancy report we’ve had,” an official palace spokesman of the Duchess told New York Daily News of the recent In Touch story, which claims Kate is six weeks pregnant. “If it were true, you’d hear the announcement from us and not a gossip magazine in the U.S.,” he said.
If Kate isn’t pregnant at the moment, William’s upcoming deployment to the Falkland Islands probably will not stop the couple from trying to conceive before he leaves.
The rumors that point to a royal pregnancy?
- Kate’s famous rejection of peanut paste in Denmark.
- The refusal of champagne at a recent event reception.
- 12 mysterious moments where Kate pats/ cradles her tummy in a two hour time span.
- The recent push to change the U.K. law of succession, so that Will and Kate’s first child can be a girl and still inherit the throne.
- The nursery in apartment 1A at Kensington Palace, where the couple plan to move in mid-2013.
- Kate Middleton Pregnant, Tabloid Swears! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Kate Middleton Is Pregnant, According to Royal Source (inquisitr.com)
- Kate Middleton pregnant with first child, U.S. magazine reports (news.nationalpost.com)
- Kate Middleton: Ready For Baby!! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Another Royal Pregancy Rumor That We Are Not Above Spreading (thegloss.com)
- Argentine official says Duke’s posting in Falkland Islands is a ‘provocative act’ (elspethlodge.com)
- Is Kate Middleton really pregnant? (sugarslam.com)
- Kate, Duchess of Cambridge: Is she pregnant? (cbsnews.com)